If you want to receive a digital over-the-air broadcast with a standard antenna. You’ll need a digital converter box if you have an RCA DTA800 converter box it is manufactured by RCA.
For this, you have to connect your converter box to the antenna. Once your box is connected to the antenna, all your problems are solved. After this, you have to program the remote control to operate the devices.
So, here we have mentioned all the programming methods through which you can easily program your remote. That is compatible with the devices.
GE Universal Remote Codes for Rca Converter Box
RCA DTA800 Digital Converter Box Remote Codes
|Sony||003, 146, 151, 152, 175, 228, 247, 251, 303, 308|
|Symphonic||027, 139, 185, 186|
|Sanyo||037, 082, 083, 124, 198, 268, 274|
|Samsung||005, 013, 079, 080, 145, 177, 195, 202, 213, 216|
|Philips||007, 045, 049, 050, 054, 062, 063, 064, 065, 181|
|Durabrand||173, 185, 186, 189, 274|
|Emerson||005, 019, 020, 021, 022, 023, 024, 025, 026, 027|
|Funai||036, 139, 185, 186|
|Zenith||002, 113, 114, 115, 176, 182, 189, 245, 248, 274|
|Insignia||189, 244, 309|
|LG||221, 260, 274, 275|
|Magnavox||005, 007, 045, 049, 050, 054, 055, 064, 097, 098|
|Proscan||001, 135, 163, 178, 229, 249|
Program RCA Converter Box Remote to TV
Step -1 Firstly, you must buy a new pair of batteries, open the back cover of the remote control, and fix the new pair of batteries.
Step -2 Now “ON” your device by pressing the “POWER” button from your remote control that you want to make compatible with your device.
Step -3 Now, you have to program your remote control and tap on the “PRM” button. You’ll get this button in the lower-left corner of the remote control. Check the led light is turned “ON.”
Step -4 All the DTA800 TV CODES are given above. You have to enter the codes to program your converter box. For this, you’ll need 3-digit remote codes to program television.
Step -5 You can use your remote control number pad to enter the codes. After this, the led light turned “OFF.”
Step -6 Hold your remote control in front of your device and then tap on the “VOL+” button from your remote control. If the volume is increased now, your device is compatible with your device.
By chance, if the 3-digit code fails, then you have to enter another 3-digit code to program your remote control. You have to start doing the programming from the beginning with another code.
How can you program the RCA remote control to an RCA converter box?
Note: In this article, you will learn how to set up RCA remote to an RCA converter box.
Firstly, learn what RCA Converter Box is
Connect an antenna to the television’s analog input, and you’re good to go. A remote control is incorporated to allow for seamless channel navigation and volume adjustment. The package includes an AC power adapter as well as A/V cables. Parental control functions are available—the taping of a scheduled television show.
How to Program RCA Remote to RCA Converter Box?
- To configure a remote control with direct entry, switch on the component that you want the remote to control manually.
- The four-digit code for your brand of television, VCR, DVD, satellite receiver, cable box, or digital TV converter can be found in the code lists that have been provided.
- Maintaining depressing and holding the CODE SEARCH key until the indicator light goes on is the goal.
How to reset the RCA converter box without remote
To watch digital television signals on a television that does not have a built-in digital tuner, you will need to use a piece of hardware, often referred to as an RCA converter box. This is because digital television broadcasts cannot be received by analog tuners, which is why this situation exists. The digital television transmissions are converted into analog signals that may then be received by this device.
Converter boxes have developed into widespread practice in regions where the changeover from analog to digital television has taken place. On the other hand, certain televisions now on the market cannot receive digital signals since they were produced before digital signals were generally accessible.
There are various RCA converter boxes that can be purchased, and in most cases, they provide a number of functions along with their packaging. These features include closed captioning, a program guide, and HDMI output. Some versions also come equipped with digital video recorders (DVRs), which allow customers to capture their most-loved movies and television programs.
If you do not have the remote for the RCA converter box, you may attempt to reset it by following these steps:
- Step 1:Your first order of business is to ensure that your converter box is disconnected, and after that, you should power off your television set. You can detach the converter box if you have a pair of pliers available in certain situations.
- Step 2: Before plugging in the converter box, wait around thirty seconds, and then continue connecting it.
- Step 3: The converter box contains a function that allows it to automatically reset itself, and this function will become active after it has been detached from its power supply. Consequently, beginning over should begin at this point in the method. Completing this process may take a few minutes of your time altogether. Just try to be cool and give it some time.
- Step 4: After turning on your television, check for a screen with patterned lines to establish whether or not the factory settings are being restored. If you see this screen, the factory settings are being restored.
- Step 5: After the default factory settings have been reinstalled, use your remote control to navigate the channels now accessible. The process is completed when all channels can carry out their intended functions. You may be required to give the initial information, such as the time now being shown on your computer.
If you need help with these potential options, your only other choice is to contact the business that made your converter box and ask for assistance from someone there.
Can a universal remote be used on an RCA converter box?
This RCA universal remote control is compatible with most digital converter boxes, including those manufactured by Magnavox, Coby, Apex, Digital Stream, Zenith, and others. It doesn’t matter if your old remote has failed or if you need to find it. This RCA converter box compatible remote will restore functionality to your converter box.
What is the best way to scan for channels on an RCA converter box?
Step -1 The MENU button must be pressed to display the menu.
Step -2 To access the settings, press the five buttons on the remote control.
Step -3 First, press 1 to start the channel scan, and then press one again to start the search for accessible channels.
Step -4 Following the completion of the scan, the channels will be immediately updated.
Step -5 To exit the menu, hit the EXIT button on the remote control to the right of the screen.